What Our Club is All About
The members of the WSBMWR are men and women from all walks of life with one major thing in common... we all love to ride motorcycles, especially (but not exclusively) BMW motorcycles. As a member, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and ride with many others who share your passion for riding. We invite you to join this group of like-minded folks who make up our local BMW family!
WSBMWR was formed in 1972 and has grown from its original four charter members to today’s roster of almost 200 households, some with two or more riders. We have a yearly rally, campouts, organized rides, monthly meetings and many other events. This website includes photos and event detail along with many other useful links for riders. Use the links on the left to explore the site; I recommend that you start with the "Events Calendar" and the "Special Events" before (naturally) moving on to "Online Signup" to become a member!
Our main purpose is to encourage and support the enjoyment of riding!
Our annual rally is the Cascade Country Rendezvous
. The 2021 rally will be in Cashmere, Washington, a gateway to the North Cascades and some of the best riding in the state. Registration will open in mid-March of 2021.
MEETINGS are usually held at a place that serves a good breakfast, and are followed by a ride. They occur the first Sunday of every month from September to May, though under COVID-19 they are currently replaced by a Zoom meeting. Meetings occur at various locations in the Puget Sound area, and feature presentations by industry professionals and safety experts, as well as reports by Club Board Members and event coordinators.
Besides the annual rally, various other EVENTS AND RIDES occur from September through May, variously including impromptu get-togethers, first and third Sunday rides, and other special events such as:
- An annual Club Ride, a ride-it-your-way informal contest highlighting points of interest across Washington State;
- Snow Camp, a regional event sponsored by South Sound BMW and the BMW Riders Association, held at the Sahara Horse Camp just outside Mt. Rainier National Park every January.
- A winter getaway weekend to Long Beach WA, normally in February, is an opportunity for members (who often come on 4 wheels) to meet and commiserate, and maybe fly a kite.
- Rain Run, which kicks off the “official” riding season in April with a ride to Manzanita on the Oregon coast. There's great riding to and from Manzanita, and varied activities while there - dinner, breakfast, sometimes a campfire on the beach.
- May and June usually feature Club campouts, hosted by a club Member or held at a campground. These meetings are often held in Eastern Washington to take advantage of the warm weather.
- The "Turkey Run" after the November meeting ends with dinner at a member's house, where some lucky rider gets a free Thanksgiving turkey.
- Member participation in December's Toys for Tots run in Olympia (which is the largest annual motorcycle event in Washington).
- Member participation in other events announced at meetings, such as charitable rides, “runs’ sponsored by other groups, and other regional events such as the Veteran's Day parade in Auburn, and the occasional vintage moto event. Ideas are always welcome on how to help the community and enhance motorcycling’s image.
Other BENEFITS to joining the club include:
- Yearly training stipend (the Bob Mott Safety Scholarship) for non-club sponsored training (1 per year, club sponsored training counts toward yearly stipend)
- Free year of membership with new BMW motorcycle purchase
So join WSBMWR today
! If you have never been a member, you can become one for your first year at no charge, just by buying a new BMW motorcycle and submitting proof of your purchase to the Club's treasurer