Rider training opportunities
WSBMWR provides a $50 rebate to any member who can demonstrate attendance at a rider training clinic. Nearly any riding school qualifies; if you have doubts, contact the Club President (firstname.lastname@example.org) for confirmation.
- Motorcycle Training Schools - Washington Department of Licensing page listing all the regional schools approved to provide motorcycle training and testing in Washington (includes a link to approved sidecar/trike schools).
- Puget Sound Safety - Of the training schools listed above, the most noteworthy is Puget Sound Safety, which offers a broad range of course options ranging from beginner street skills through advanced track and off-road techniques.
- Northwest Motorcycle School - This 5-day training offered at sites near Portland and Seattle is said to be the only school in the US where a rider can receive the training typically provided only for motor officers. This is probably the most sophisticated street riding training available.
- Total Control - Highly-regarded national track school. Courses are periodically offered at Washington tracks
- MSF Library - Don't underestimate the value of DIY training through reading and practice exercises. This site offers a great compendium of materials.
- Dirt Bike Safety Training (AKA Dirt First!) - Highly regarded ADV and off-road skills training. Discounted classes are typically available to registered attendees of our annual Club Rally.